Splinter My Sides - Poem by Neil Solan
Red, red wine
Splintered my sides
Some years ago.
When hope was beautiful / possible.
When my trees of potential were so fruitful.
Before I felt the stone-cold hand
Tap me on the shoulder.
There is no sweet solution.
Explosions of comforting words
Do little to extract this pain
When they fall upon deaf ears.
Comments about Splinter My Sides by Neil Solan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl