Peter J White
Street Kid - Poem by Peter J White
“Hello Mkiwa, ” (white man passing by)
“Won’t you stop for a minute and just tell me why
Part of you’s pink and your eyeballs are green,
And your face is so hairy, like straw in the cream.
Your nose is so big! Mine’s flat and small.
You’re not a human being at all!
“The Makiwa are white all over, they say
Right down to their.....my Mom says, ‘Hai we! ! ’
My dad makes a face and says with a frown,
Not all human beings are supposed to be brown.
So why don’t you open your mouth and speak
So we know for sure you’re just a freak! ”
* * *
Comments about Street Kid by Peter J White
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda