The Fiction Of Real Life. - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
We were not lovers...yet.
And yet...we acted as if
Now that we are Lovers
Life acts to keep us apart.
If this were the Ballet...an Opera...or Art
- it would be great.
But as Life
...it sure sucks.
Wish I could write us
The Happy Ending we
Meanwhile Life is just days.
Dazed...you live your life
...as if it were a play.
And although you know the tragic ending
you gotta live it anyway.
Comments about The Fiction Of Real Life. by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl