Ella Mae Protacio
The Last Note - Poem by Ella Mae Protacio
The keys went out of tune
The strings we're all broken and tangled
The words are nonsense
And the melody started to break.
Fairytales never ended happy ever after
Cause harmony is out in the royal ball
All stories went wrong
And history has no victory to show
The music stop, and the air was calm
The pieces have all gone
Now, there's nothing else to play
Let me hear it as the last note pause
The saddest note, I've ever heard.
I won't dare to sleep,
Oh please wake me up!
Cause every dream is a nightmare,
Without a sweet lullaby to hear.
Comments about The Last Note by Ella Mae Protacio
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl