Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
The Little One - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
What mystery this little one brings
when his birth in a bright spring
fills my heart with endless songs?
What mystery he comes with
bringing sunlight every hour
even if rain falls to the ground?
Oh, my, oh my...this priceless
jewel to my eyes that continues
to glow even in my dark nights!
How precious this little one is
to watch him grow each hour
And watch the first smile
and first giggle he offers to life.
mesmerized by the joy and beauty of the first grandchild, his fifth month.
Comments about The Little One by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl