The Lover's Promise - Poem by Rachel Flint
I will try to remember
That you are human.
I aim not to build
Your pedestal too high
So you won’t get injured when you fall.
I will try to remind myself
That you get sick,
That you are normal overall
When I dream of you on your white steed.
I will try to ignore the love songs
That speak of a true and perfect love,
And instead thank the Lord
For my beautifully human one.
This is my promise -
Comments about The Lover's Promise by Rachel Flint
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl