The News Of War - Poem by James Tipp
The News Today
I listened to the news to day there was death in every place
I wondered how we'd sing, of such amazing grace
The screaming of the mother, the body wrappers tales
The screaming of the mortar round, the piercing jarring wails.
Its happening so far away, its happening there today
The politicians wring their hands there's nothing left to say.
The body mountains growing whose selling them the guns
We don't do arms to monsters, that's how the story runs.
We watch the slaughter daily, detached and far away
Yet worry over Rednapp and how he's team will play.
The information over load mixes trivia with pain
Whilst the people in the killing zone, wondered why we never came.
© J Tipp
Comments about The News Of War by James Tipp
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl