Valerie Dohren Poems
- A Walk Through Paradise I close my eyes to find a place In ...
- Ode To A Lost Love 'Oh sweet breath of eternal life Dance ...
- After The Rain After the rain the air is sweet With ...
- Alone A single rose with thorny stem On mother nature`s ...
- ........ On Poetry Such princely and linguistic feats As ...
- A Dream Today I slipped into a dream And saw a better ...
- Beauty I saw the face of beauty fixed Upon the rising ...
Widow, one daughter, retired NHS employee. Interests include classical music, birds, walking (not too far! !) , and of course, writing poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
A Walk Through Paradise
I close my eyes to find a place
In different time and different space
And in imagination find
A cloistered arbour for my mind
Where thought may there be unconfined
Then in my dreams a path I take
As in a trance, yet wide awake,
To see the world with open eyes
Its glist`ning sands and azure skies -
I take a walk through Paradise
Suspended there reflecting deep
Where time is lost, immersed in sleep,
A sleep of ages long since passed
As on the sea of change were cast
All things which then were reckoned fast
Above all earthly cares to ...