Valerie Dohren Poems
- Ode To A Lost Love 'Oh sweet breath of eternal life Dance ...
- After The Rain After the rain the air is sweet With ...
- A Walk Through Paradise I close my eyes to find a place In ...
- Alone A single rose with thorny stem On mother nature`s ...
- ........ On Poetry Such princely and linguistic feats As ...
- A Dream Today I slipped into a dream And saw a better ...
- Beauty I saw the face of beauty fixed Upon the rising ...
Widow, one daughter, retired NHS employee. Interests include classical music, birds, walking (not too far! !) , and of course, writing poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Ode To A Lost Love
'Oh sweet breath of eternal life
Dance ever `pon her silent breast
Released from pain and worldly strife
The one I love is laid to rest'
Her flaxen hair, like golden corn,
Fell soft about her lifeless face
And round her shoulders to adorn
As limp she lay in death`s embrace
Still young, the bloom of youth today,
Her life had barely yet begun
But all too soon to fade away
No more to dance beneath the sun
No more to laugh in sweet delight
Nor skip through pastures wild and free
Nor hear the nightingales sing bright
In pure and perfect ...