The Next Comma - Poem by Neil Solan
One night at a time
Is not quite enough,
One whole night a week
You call my bluff.
You're just the next comma
In this list of passers by,
You came, you stopped, you left
Without a plausible goodbye,
You're just another heartbreak,
Another staple in my eye.
If sparks could fly,
I'm pretty sure they would
But that won't ease the pain
When you've turned your back for good.
Comments about The Next Comma by Neil Solan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl