The Other Side Of Friendship! ! ! - Poem by Debasish Mishra
They say they are friends...
May be, good friends.
But I think otherwise-
That a boy and a girl can never be friends.
I simply object to their going together
To movies & parties & private places...
They call me a narrow-minded scum! ! !
Of course, the world has marched ahead,
While I stand with some relics of the past
Which they consider absolutely obsolete.
Some of them dub me as 'Grandpa'.
I wholeheartedly smile
Giving them the reason
To mock and sneer at my philosophies...
However, their sarcastic grin can never erode
The values ingrained in my heart...
I will be what I am,
Detesting those private things
Under the cloak of friendship! !
Comments about The Other Side Of Friendship! ! ! by Debasish Mishra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl