The Poem Is Greater Than The Poet - Poem by Shalom Freedman
THE POEM IS GREATER THAN THE POET
The Poem is Greater than the poet
And the Poet greater than the Poem
And the Poem and Poet taken together are greater
Than either alone.
And nothing whatsoever which has nothing whatever to do with all this
Means more than all this
We are the end of a long road
In which we have gone nowhere
When the time comes
The road too will end
And the Poem and the Poet with it.
Nothing is forgiven for those who did not get there
When they had a chance.
Comments about The Poem Is Greater Than The Poet by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda