The Still Of The Night - Poem by Monica Partridge
As the darkness of night surrounds me
there's such an amazing beauty I see
just raising my eyes to gaze into the sky
I can feel my spirit rejoyce and fly high.
There are stars aplenty shining so bright
as the moon provides me the perfect light
and the peace and calm that enters my mind
tells me there's no greater wealth to find.
The waters reflection is so smooth and still
as natures miracles give me such a thrill
the silence of night takes my stress away
so I'll be refreshed to face the dawning day.
Sit quietly for just a few moments more
forget about the strife from the day before
enjoy the serenity this night's precious gift
and let it give your soul that special lift.
Comments about The Still Of The Night by Monica Partridge
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl