Denis Martindale Poems
- * The Cross Of Christ The jeering crowd like jackals stood, ...
- * I Am An Elephant! It's true, I am an elephant! In fact, ...
- The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man has got a secret That ...
- Portrait Of A Prince Behold the tiger's face up close, With...
- Patience Is A Virtue Everything comes to those that wait, ...
- * The Prestige Of The Poppy Behold my form, my humble guise, ...
- * The Prince Of Prints Behold the precious Prince of Prints, ...
Poemhunter A to Z poem title links:
I was born at a very early age, they allowed me to live, but forced me to go to School. That's where I sang hymns from my tiny Songs of Praise hymnbook.
Most of the time, I try to rhyme using the common metre 8 syllables then 6 then 8 then 6 verse style. I've been writing hymns and poems and stories for a very long time and have added 2,500 poems on poemhunter.com already.
My poems have been in Church magazines and local papers and magazines and on local Radio as well as Christian TV and Radio channels. Some of my poems have also been on the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
* The Cross Of Christ
The jeering crowd like jackals stood,
To see what must be done.
Though once they thought this man was good,
They didn't see God's Son.
They called Him Rabbi, Teacher, Lord,
Yet now He was Rome's slave.
So all His claims were now ignored,
For who was He to save?
The nails were driven deep inside...
More drops of blood soon fell...
Once lifted, hoisted, crucified,
His life was just like Hell.
Torment and torture lay ahead.
His scourged back stung and bled and bled
As briars bruised His brain.
His mother wept each passing ...