The Survey On The Old - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
The old are a miserable lot.
Eight of ten are disrespected;
Six of ten are humiliated.
The neglected are four of ten
And the abandoned are two of ten.
The pity is that eight of ten
Do not complain to anyone.
They leave the world, casting curses.
Don’t be merciless to parents,
Which your children will learn from you.
Comments about The Survey On The Old by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl