Theatricality - Poem by Naveed Akram
The curtain is blessed by the action of courts,
It is the court of law that we revere for law,
The laws are demonstrated again and always.
The curtain has bemoaned the activity of a theatre
And not a performance by the axioms of government,
It is the red curtain, great and glorious, beautiful.
My curtain is again a glamorous canvas so grand,
It hides all sight and hearing, as if spoken to by the grandness,
And the majesty of a queen is all that is good in this hall.
My theatricality is holy, all the time, aware are the king and queen
Who list their favourite actors and actresses, with their book,
Without a bias or grudge, without too much contemplation.
Comments about Theatricality by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda