There's Danger In Surrender - Poem by moon batchelder
there is danger in accepting fully
all that fate decrees.
as tho no slight of hand nor
change of heart would grant release.
as tho no argument suffice,
nor logic intervene
to mitigate the consequence of
there is danger in surrender unto
any listing wind.
not knowing whence it came or when
it might return again.
as free as any leaf in flight
aloft an autumn breeze.
dancing in abandon at the whim
what boundless freedom dauntless trust and
as tho life's ups and downs are just
a rollercoaster ride.
no fear nor dread of life or death
to bind the mind or heart.
the danger in surrender is the freedom
Comments about There's Danger In Surrender by moon batchelder
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl