There You Go. - Poem by Safiyyah Manjra
How can you smile so easily,
When I am the one breaking inside so softly.
For not being able to be with you.
I am sure you spoke words which you yourself knew were true.
If you said to another girl she probably wouldn't be able to resist.
However, even though you continued to insist.
I let you walk by.
I let you forgive me when I wasn't able to forgive myself.
I tried to find solace.
It is so difficult as the track you took left no trace.
You left me nothing but contemplating.
On if letting you go was the correct thing.
Right now I continue to break each day.
Wondering if there was something I could've said which would've made you stay.
Comments about There You Go. by Safiyyah Manjra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda