These Hands - Poem by Jenny Bevan
what will become of these hands?
when the pale peachyness of life has left them.
will they be left cold and discoloured?
forgotten and alone.
will they be remembered as kind hands?
that gave though there was nothing to keep for them selves.
will they be hailed heroic hands?
that saved the weak and troubled.
were these caring hands?
thats touch could warm the soul.
were these skillful hands?
that created joy out of sorrow.
no. for these were ordinary hands.
plain and simple.
no tear shall fall, no memory shall live.
Comments about These Hands by Jenny Bevan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl