Thought's Regime - Poem by ritwika raha
The eyes gaped at the sky,
At the stars so fiery
Through the casement half closed
Drooped and weary!
It pulled up itself
To let the eyes gaze
From its miry abode
At the ensnaring heavenly maze
A tear trickled down
Honeyed with a joyous flavor
All truths lost into the depths
Like a scent from a decadent cadaver!
Then it pulled itself down
Shutting the doors to the dream
And the eyes spoke in silence
It was all dream!
It wasn't the sky,
There were no stars either
In the painted canvas of mind,
It gets painted and then withers!
The curtains did veil them
All this time,
It was a melody of thought
Comments about Thought's Regime by ritwika raha
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl