Tight Tonight - Poem by Francie Lynch
Have another round boys, the time's on me;
Use the good time while you can boys,
In morning you sill see.
Don't ponder vain dreams, lads,
They thicken in your blood:
Leave it on the rocks, sir,
For there it will inspire, for certain
Keep me alive, don't let me die
Tonight. If I stayed at home,
I wouldn't be too tight tonight.
Sensing delight in drinks tonight's
Let your insight falter, slip another disc.
Stay seated where you are boys,
Don't bother to resist.
Thrill your lungs with tapered incense,
The myrrh of barroom bliss.
While rambling through the ale and lager
We remain serene...
And all too soon I lie alone
In sober company.
Comments about Tight Tonight by Francie Lynch
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl