Jeffrey Philip Clegg
Tinted By Dark Gray - Poem by Jeffrey Philip Clegg
What if all I see now
is tinted by dark gray?
Should I just keep quiet
until something lights the day?
The path is not always easy
and certainly not clear
I am in a locomotive
I have no clue how to steer
People say it will work out -
How do they know it's true?
Their words spoken in yellow sun
while I am feeling blue
I have read of ups and downs
inherent in depression
How long can I hold out for a
potential pain cessation?
I lose more confidence in myself
as each day marches by
And what is up above me but the
Godforsaken dark gray sky?
Comments about Tinted By Dark Gray by Jeffrey Philip Clegg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl