Aleksander Stavre Drenova
To The Adriatic - Poem by Aleksander Stavre Drenova
I have beheld you, Adriatic, I have beheld you,
A nymph from the twinkling heavens
Sparkling with pearls, your breasts
Heaving gracefully like a sylph's.
I knelt before you as before a goddess,
An apparition of untold beauty.
The rapture I felt, I could not endure,
And departed, tears streaming down my cheeks.
Like molten gold you shimmer,
A fabled palace full of magic,
You sway like maidens in the meadow.
Of youthful grace is your rise and fall,
Sweet memories, a world of wonder
Like a vision of divinity itself.
Comments about To The Adriatic by Aleksander Stavre Drenova
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl