To The Girl That Got Away - Poem by Doc. Smooth
I loved you,
despite all the hardships
we went through
I suppose I still do.
I support you
as your friend
and listen to your woes
about the girl that stole your heart
right out from under my nose.
I daydream of a day
that I can hold you again
and hear you tell me that you love me too.
Head in the clouds, as usual,
I know that I’m a fool.
My compounded heart wants you to be happy
though I wish it were I
to make all your dreams come true..
I hope she holds you in her arms, l
oves you, takes you as you are,
makes all your worries absent
and knows what she took away from me.
My heart is yours
and I will do anything to make you happy,
that is why I’m letting you go.
Comments about To The Girl That Got Away by Doc. Smooth
Mary Elizabeth Frye
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl