Under Those Banana Trees.... - Poem by RIC BASTASA
at a certain point
when all the bananas ripen
together in the
shack, we all remember what
you cannot have them all
the sweetness is too much
for the taking
and so most of all these
are rotten and wasted and
thrown in the grass where
and then we say, this is paradise
and people wonder
why most of us do not really have
to work hard.
they call us lazy.
well, there is no winter here.
our needs are simple.
and love is a common occurrence
Comments about Under Those Banana Trees.... by RIC BASTASA
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda