Nosipho Africanqueen Mtabani
Voice Be Heard - Poem by Nosipho Africanqueen Mtabani
Speak up & be heard
By the wielders of the coat of arms
Evoke the ordeal of yesterday,
The victories of today,
& the mysteries of tomorrow.
Be heard by the thirsty plants;
Water them with honour
Let the plants blossom,
Despite these harsh conditions.
Speak life into dead
Inject in them a vivacious spirit,
That they may flee
Into the world of hope.
African child-Declare war against the malignant fear
That buries the vehement bug;
Break free from the chains of shame.
When they push you into the doldrums
Tear apart the worn out blankets
Speak up & be heard.
Comments about Voice Be Heard by Nosipho Africanqueen Mtabani
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl