Tshililo Thomas Radzilani
Vote - Poem by Tshililo Thomas Radzilani
They shout promises that talks to my needs
Promising to better my life in vain
Visiting me without invitation
Smiling publicly exposing my poverty
Every election period the song is the same
I become disgruntled and burn even the little I have
As they threaten me with great poverty if I change an X
Refraining from voting they intimidate me with the past
Where is the power of my vote?
Why can't one try the other?
Why fear while I have power?
What kind of a vote that lacks benefits?
Is this a true vote?
Why it aligns itself with freedom struggle?
I am free I need service delivery
My vote is for service delivery not just a vote.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Vote by Tshililo Thomas Radzilani
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda