War Memories - Poem by Oskar Hansen
We see the pomp and circumstances
Old soldiers with a modest medal, the queen
And Donald Trump.
The real winner of this war Russia is on
This day overlooked, and history as we see
It displayed is a historical falsehood.
The old soldiers fought ok, kudos to them
In a war that was real.
The war didn't end it continues in Palestine,
Syria, Iraq and other places, democracy
In no longer on the agenda- unless we
Talk about as a total subjection as ademocracy-
It is about oil and power.
It is sweet to think the only nation who tries
To stop this Middle East carnage is Russia we
Hesitate to get them as the enemy.
Comments about War Memories by Oskar Hansen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl