Alice Anne Gordon
War Of Gender - Poem by Alice Anne Gordon
Mistress of all of life’s situations,
Greer-like warrior; ancient emotions.
Labyrinth of self deceit – denial
of archetypal scales that sway, the man
must gently dominate the woman. Once
The Queen, the soul of our creation, the
Matriarchal power, control: Fear of loss.
Matriarchal power, control: Fear of man.
Rise up oh strengthened wom’n, lay down your spear
of hate. Now stem manipulating blood,
Refrain from holding child as shield. Please halt.
Cease to spread your guilty bullets that sting
The hearts of men, the war of gender end.
Matriarchal power, control: Fear of love.
Comments about War Of Gender by Alice Anne Gordon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl