We Built - Poem by Thato Maluleka
- We build a wall never to fall cause we wanted to be alone.
- We build a love so strong never to be torn or ripped apart cause we knew it wasn’t wrong.
- We build a friendship with a solid foundation, with solid rocks, in a ship that never sinks but floats cause we knew it would stand forever its course.
- We build a wall never to collapse, crumble or fall cause all we wanted was to be alone.
- We build a love so strong and bold never to be torn, ripped apart, a sworn love, cause we knew it wasn’t wrong.
- We build a friendship with a solid foundation based on honesty and trust, built with solid rocks, in a heavenly ship that never sinks but floats as though you’re walking on air cause we knew it would stand forever and remain here.
And as I gaze at the clouds that forms encrypted scriptures of our blossoming love, I sigh with relief as I now believe in a love everlasting, my mind spins as dizziness settles in, I’m in for a surprise and then you descended from the skies.
Oh I smile get confused for a while, I can’t believe my naked eyes, you a friend of mine now soon to be a lover of mine, you caught me by surprise, it was you that always ignited my heart filled it up with desire, you that I dreamt of at night, Still your face was unclear for a while, yes I now remember that smile and how could I forget those eyes I get lost in every time.
Then as you touched the ground with your naked feet you reached for me, mesmerized I could hardly speak-move yet still YOU-YOU moved, moved closer how could a heart beat be so loud it deafened the crowd, then you spoke out loud but in a foreign tongue I couldn’t make out, then slowly as though you were not moving kissed me in a way I could hardly make out as though you spoke while we kissed.
It was you that always ignited my heart, you a friend of mine, soon to be a lover of all time.
Comments about We Built by Thato Maluleka
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You