Welcome Home, Veterans - Poem by Willem VanVoorthuysen
Will there be flowers to greet them?
What shall we do with this peace?
The one we so devoutly pray for,
young men and women die for,
their grieving families cry for?
Guns will fall silent, but alas,
the killing will not cease.
We'll find new ways to hurt,
corrupt, or slowly strangle, and
hiding behind our media headlines,
we'll kill, by innuendo and half-truth,
the neighbors God taught us to love.
And all in freedom's precious name.
May He forgive America...
Comments about Welcome Home, Veterans by Willem VanVoorthuysen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda