What Is A Kind Poem? - Poem by Shalom Freedman
What is a kind poem?
One whose lines
Are small gifts of Beauty
One who helps readers in distress
know again Happiness however small-
One who somehow touches those deeply hurt
And balms their souls?
A kind poem gives and helps and cares in such a way
That suddenly at the end of the poem
The reader knows
There is still to be Light and Beauty in themselves
and in their world.
Comments about What Is A Kind Poem? by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl