What Makes A Man Rich? - Poem by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
What makes a man rich?
The fortune that he reaps?
Gold and honey he sips?
Money he had in his deposit?
But his heart is full of deceit? .
What profits for somebody
Who have all the prosperity
But losses his soul's glory
For he gained them sinfully
At the expense of anybody?
Better to be poor and needy
But with an untarnished dignity
And whose spirit have mercy
and Love for those nobody
Who prays to God everyday.
Comments about What Makes A Man Rich? by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl