When Do I Tell You? - Poem by Austin Terando
When we talk I seem content
When you see me I am dry
When you come I am groomed
But in between
I am forever heartsick
I am soaked in my fluid
I am a mess; your looks more important than mine
Why did I fall into the endless abyss
Two people falling is heaven
Falling alone is hell
I am condemned for eternity.
If I told you about the pain
Will you ever speak to me again?
Maybe I should endure it just a little longer
And then you might jump into the abyss with me
I am a coward.
I will keep my mouth shut.
Comments about When Do I Tell You? by Austin Terando
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda