When I Am Alone - Poem by Meg Harrison
When I am alone
There is something in the air blowing in the wind
It makes me want to hold a shell in my hand
So I can hear the ocean waves in my ear and
Imagine walking on the beach sand with waves coming to shore washing my feet,
Feeling the breeze also maybe walking with my lover
Or maybe walking alone and meditating
I am alone listening to ocean waves in a shell.
I could hear any sound of a faraway place that I liked to be.
I want to hear music from another land.
Something in the air blowing in the wind
It makes me wonder where I could be
And wander faraway in my thoughts.
Comments about When I Am Alone by Meg Harrison
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl