Yes, My Poems Finished Last... - Poem by Glenn Bagshaw
Thought-Poems are best - nicely, no-sweat conceptual.
Or you may re-run to TV- just sit, and be five miles ahead!
Poems written race to full motion, (REVISE!) ' perpetual';
These ponies 'try', (FIX!) 'strive', all striding hard, sexual-
(DELETE! phrase is saddled with kinks, or cliche, long furlongs said)
The finish line- but my lines, tired lines, were finished when read!
Tripped, horses froth- a kick, another kick- then they're dead, dead, dead...
Comments about Yes, My Poems Finished Last... by Glenn Bagshaw
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl