Your Scarlet Coat - Poem by David Stephens
As you walked across the fields of snow
your scarlet coat was like the blood
of some tiny wounded animal.
Your moon-like face was bright
and when at last you came into my arms
I saw the snowflakes dying in your hair.
Comments about Your Scarlet Coat by David Stephens
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
David Stephens's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye