Fred Babbin Poems
- Football With Apologies to Oliver Twist and everybody ...
- I Love You, I Love You, I Love...
- My Son's Getting Married I'm so happy today. My son's ...
- Xsex Is Not A Four-Letter Word Writing poetry is like sex ...
- I’m O.K. Jack Death be nimble, Death be quick, Death blow...
- We’re Going For A Ride On A Tr... Locomotive in the ...
- The Poetry Of Hope And Hopeles... I went into the ...
I am a retired school-teacher. Email me if you want my address. My poems are rather gritty for the most part, because my life has been rather gritty.
I am a member of the Buddhist Temple of Chicago. 'God' is not one of my priorities, and we are in constant confrontation. I became interested in writing poetry in September 2007, so I would not climb the walls, because I had nothing else ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
With Apologies to Oliver Twist and everybody else.
Football, glorious football.
Don't care what it looks like -.
Burned! Underdone! Crude!
Don't care what those crooks like.
Just thinking of growing fat.-
Our senses go reeling.
One moment of knowing that
Full-up feeling from sitting on
Football, glorious football!
What wouldn't we give for
That extra bit more,
that's all that we should live for.
Why should we be fated
to do nothing but brood