R.A. Burleigh Poems
- All About Time We sit while children crawl about happy Toys ...
- Crows Slide and glide Through the corn field Behind the ...
- Kathleen The daughters ran away into the hills after boys ...
- Poem That Was Late (For Mary Schegel) I was ready for ...
- Dennis Brutus: Entropy Of Resp... When I was eighteen and ...
- The Law Of The Universe The boy and the man are climbing the ...
- I Thought About A Gift. (Revi... for your Highschool ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about R.A. Burleigh
All About Time
We sit while children crawl about happy
Toys are scattered like leaves
Red and orange and brown from my old house at 407
I never saw so many leaves, or so many children
In my future, in your room
There you are, the boy in the tree
And we have.come down, suddenly
I am corrupt with time
All my eyes are full of ghosts
All the ghosts join us in the leaves
and someone has lit the leaves on fire
O I do so love the smoke of all the leaves
And mother said
Don't stand so close
And Kate's mouth was so, wonderful
With kisses and songs