Robert Dummett Poems
- When Darkness Falls The moon slides peeling the orange ...
- Unpaid Bills Of Humanity Heaven has but hell to vanquish; ...
- No Tears For Me Stare not at tongues of flame and cry. I do ...
- Law And Order ‘Boys in blue' finger triggers sights on ...
- No Love, No Light, No Logic Sons of Earth, catastrophic ...
- A Rude Awakening A blast from a Tannoy breaks my Early ...
- Homecoming Asphalt smacked the plane hard at touchdown. Bins...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Dummett
When Darkness Falls
The moon slides peeling the orange sun.
Seaward seagulls sign a truce of silence,
But cricket has not read the script
And bowls a babble to bats leaving crease
Running out for the night,
Frog, prince of the slime and puffed up like a
Pharisee notes the pitch, pulls no bull,
Hops and tosses a beamer in bass.
The beach buttons up its khaki suit
And sands the galvanize sea smooth,
Save for lover's slaps upon rocky heads;
The lighthouse stands as proud as a phallus-
To ships a friendly flasher,
To buoys a phosphorous professor,
A blast from a ...