Robert Ruiz Poems
- Like The Pessimistic Fellow Like the pessimistic fellow Who...
- When I Was A Child When I was a child and dreams had wings ...
- Sun's Poem If All the World’s a King And I its fool A fate ...
- Whispered Breath Of Love Soft the whispered Breath of ...
- Whether Whether I shall be as I perceive, Or live in ...
- I Sat Alone I sat alone and wondered why People must grow ...
- Times (1968) People are a running ‘round Ships are caught ...
Life-long social/civil rights activist, working with/for activists, national, state and local office seekers/holders as legal support, ghost writer, campaign manager and legislative aide. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Ruiz
Like The Pessimistic Fellow
Like the pessimistic fellow
Who is lost within a crowd
Life comings running toward me
hoping I’ll give it a try.
but how can I try something
that most certainly will die?
As a falling star fades quickly
in a dark, but star-lit sky
and the world around me
shatters, and I am asking, “Why? ”
Fate becomes a prism
that reveals all of mankind
And time becomes a prison
For even the freest of all minds.
copyright 1968 - corpus christi