royness ( ' ' )
royness ( ' ' ) Poems
- Passing He comes home to find Grandma, still – sitting ...
- Mosquito She comes to me in the early evening ...
- Iron In The Soul A stone is thrown. A window Shivers briefly...
- Death Of A Scarecrow Stuck rigid on his stick, he stands, ...
- Snow Child, The He wished for her and here she stands ...
- La Mort Des Amants - Translati...
- Pets With No Bodies She seemed too huge to be dead. Flopsy, ...
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about royness ( ' ' )
She comes to me
in the early evening twilight
drawn by breath or scent -
with the merest of touches
she rests her fragile body upon me
pressing her eager mouth to my flesh
and delicately, with practised skill
she slides in her spiny needle
drawing the blood from a vein in my arm.
I watch as she drinks of me,
growing heavy and swollen –
I give myself willingly
and thus, I do not bleed
she leaves not a mark where she fed
softly withdrawing from me
as I, the great provider
offer up my body to the night -
feed, dear ...