Salma Ahmed Poems
- Sinful Poet Nothing's worse than the sin of a poet, Even if...
- In The Dark I Held Your Hand The Beginning The very same ...
- The Gates I have opened up this gate and I know not why, Or...
- If I Could Start A Fire If I could start a fire, That will ...
- Behind A Smile He stood far in the back, Hiding in his ...
- A Bird A thought in me is left unspoken, A secret to my ...
- Purple Heart ''Do you know that purple heart, Always ...
Salma Ahmed Ayman, Born in Cairo, Egypt 28th June 1991 spent most of my childhood in KSA. A last year physical therapy student. I Started writing poetry at the age of fourteen, I use writing as a way to materialize dreams, hopes and fears inside me so I can better deal with them and put myself through more of life than what it offered. And to discover places in me I never knew existed.
Later ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Salma Ahmed
''Do you know that purple heart,
Always smiling on the sidewalk? ''
She said, her hands reaching to that part
Where her head was buried when she once broke.
''I've never seen that heart before,
But always knew it, it was mine,
Chanting spells at night outside my door,
Standing at my heels in every line.
And I always thought it strange,
That I heard it loudly, clearly beating,
No matter what the world will change,
Beat after beat, I heard it fleeting.
Repeated screaming would instead fill my soul,
The sounds of deranged pearl holders, ...