Sudam Panigrahi Poems
- Bargaining For A Rickshaw Alighting at the bus stop with wife...
- Nude Tree I'm a nude tree, Sans green leaves, Barks ...
- Lake Chilika Azure was the sky, water was blue, Haze was ...
- That Loved Flower Blossomed just now, to her content, ...
- Travelling Alone No one is with me still I move on. In ...
- Bole Bom, Bhole Bom In the azure sky, Rain drops hang, ...
- Life Continues Life continues Some truths remain unsaid
He's a novelist, poet and story writer. Many of his poems have been published in national anthologies. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sudam Panigrahi
Bargaining For A Rickshaw
Alighting at the bus stop with wife and son,
A gentleman looked for a rickshaw puller anon,
Saw one sleeping on his rickshaw waiting for passengers.
“Will you go, ” asked he patting on the cover.
“Yes sir, ” replied he bearing a smile.
“How much to Puranabasti, ” asked the gentleman agile.
“You know sir…it’s 30 only, ” rickshaw puller said peeping.
“What,30 for 2 kilometers! ” he wondered eye widening.
“Yes sir…don’t you see how much everything costs? ”
“No…I’ll give you ten, not much.”
Rickshaw puller looked at his face ...