sunnetra basu Poems
- Presence The lantern was pre-lit, dusky dawn on the glass- ...
- Life Force The day is grey, a chilly wind Catch my breath as...
- Red Kite Silently soaring on fingered wings Twisting and ...
- Welsh Weather Clotted swelling swathes of mist Grey opaque ...
- Dining Alone A table for one please waiter For I'm here on ...
- I Trade Everything For The Sak...
- Epiphany Is it an endless expanse of never ending ...
Sunnetra belongs to the world of harmonious madness but a sensible listener with bundles of contradiction. She studied English Literature from Calcutta University and subsequently earned Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management from University of Wales. Currently employed as a Talent Acquisition Specialist with a management company.
Most of her works spring from personal thoughts and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The lantern was pre-lit,
dusky dawn on the glass-
the smoke turns in and out,
the burnt breath let that pass
I was in the middle of nothing,
the magic lantern burns slow but deep
Twisting the telescope at night
I see the star behind the cloud weep
All night long, the bell didn't ring,
The pathway between hearts didn't swing
I didn't hear a knock,
Nobody said, tell them I came,
But I waited, as the darkness emblame.
Silent moments were burning,
I felt, the smoke filled the smell of your breath.