Thamsanqa Job Mzamo
Thamsanqa Job Mzamo Poems
- The Idol Worship 'I, Chemosh, and my idol comrades: Baal of...
- Gold Gold is a marvel To behold, But 'tis cold to The ...
- Silent Night Far deep into the silent, starry night A baby ...
- Greed And Lust Brothers in arms, side by side, juxtaposed, ...
- Sonnet: Our Brief Performance We Tuned in our voices, and ...
- The Dog-Pedding Cyclist I see a lonely figure, Perch'd on a...
- Feathers And Fur Fight* What a good laugh We had of it! ...
Comments about Thamsanqa Job Mzamo
The Idol Worship
'I, Chemosh, and my idol comrades:
Baal of the Edomites, Moloch and
Milchom of the Ammorites,
Ashtharot of the Sidonians,
Have been accorded a high stance:
Men, all-knowing and civil,
Deserted the Almighty God
And favour'd us, stones and wood,
Made by their foolish hands!
'The unashamedly danced and pranced
Around us as if we were kings;
The brought burnt offerings,
Incense of different kinds;
Drasted! they even offer'd children,
How disgusting! How cruel'