Tom Berman Poems
- To An Unnamed Colleague Herewith a phrase or two exploding ...
- Storks at dusk a stork speckled sky storks are flying
- Imposter I am the imposter within the poet imposing on your...
- Galilee Spring Storks circling rising with the thermals on ...
- Writing My Autobiography Am I that figure at the wrong ...
- Time On My Shoulder Time sits on my ...
- Roman Vase With Patina Shall my words stretched thin across ...
Tom Berman: I have been a member of Kibbutz Amiad in the Upper Galilee, Israel for over 50 years. I am a scientist (aquatic microbiology) and most of my research has been focused on the Sea of Galilee (known here as Lake Kinneret) . I grew up and attended school in Glasgow, Scotland having arrived there aged 5 from Czechoslovakia with the Kindertransport in 1939. Further education was in the U.S.... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tom Berman
To An Unnamed Colleague
a phrase or two
o bladder of pomposity,
filled with fatuity
swollen, smirking sack
balloon of bloated bombast,
caricature of self-esteem
May my words be
as sharp shears
clipping off the wool
over the eyes
of your bemused beholders.