Tom Harding Poems
- Courtyard In Snow Who tucked the world ...
- The Moon Tonight Look at the moon skirting the window, ...
- 2.38 Am The wind in the trees wakes you, crossing and ...
- First Snow The world has put itself to sleep under new ...
- Coffee Break Sat just before noon drinking coffee on the ...
- 4am In my loneliness I retell myself what I know that for ...
- Morning Thought More snow just when we were looking to ...
Tom Harding is a poet and illustrator based in Northampton, UK. My first collection of poetry, Night Work, is now available from Palewell Press.
I am also the editor of the Northampton, UK poetry magazine Northampton Poetry Review. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tom Harding
More snow just when we were
looking to get on with our lives,
now the pipes have frozen
and I spend the morning
drinking coffee in the kitchen
watching a blackbird
pecking through the drifting snow
of the courtyard
as if looking for something lost.
There's an emptiness I can't shift
and a dissatisfaction that says
when I'm working I should be relaxing
and when I'm relaxing
it feels like a type of death.
There's only relief in a realization that says
I will never overcome such ...