Val Morehouse Poems
- Liberator Like a lover he enters my life, carrying his dark...
- Life Story There is something raw in the taking, an ...
- Waiting For The Folks Who am I? Why, you’re Mama. No, I am ...
- Winter People Faces of natives turn inward like talk in ...
- Soliloquy Inside the morning this heart is a gong announcing...
- Healed With knives he carves my woman’s flesh into new peaks...
- Machete _________For William, who performed this ...
A reviewer, storyteller, writer, & librarian. Current reviews are in The Ruach: newsletter of Temple Isaiah, Lafayette, California. Quote: 'Val could read the phone book and make it sound good! ' A podcast of Val reading Gershon's Monster is at http: //media.libsyn.com/media/yourjewishneighborhood/yjn-108.mp3
Click 'play now'. To hear Chanukkah Guest, a story by Eric Kimmel, go http: //media.libsyn.com/media/ yourjewishneighborhood/yjn-19.mp3 April 08 Val won 1st & 2nd for short and long poems at Pleasanton, CA Poetry & Arts Festival. Also, poems Carbon Futures and Blowout appear on CA Poet Laureate Al Young's website alyoung.org> Wild Blue Yonder section. Other readings, etc. are on... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Like a lover he enters my life,
carrying his dark purpose into the bedroom.
Each thing opens to him like a map.
Here, today's headlines screaming of home invasion
lie blanketed on that chair
where yesterday's clothing is crucified.
There, empty shoes gathering blackness.
Keeping silent on the nightstand, that traitor the
alarm clock winks its digital eye.
He fans out the credit cards like
flirtatious birds eager to fly on plastic wings.
Closeted, the jackets and dresses line up,
Emaciated prisoners praying for liberation.
He pats them ...