Valerie Lennox Poems
- Treading Water Inexorably, minutes tick by And time seeps ...
- Waiting A life on hold….waiting. No morning chats, when ...
- That Song Again There’s that song again It follows me like a...
- A Tragedy, A Travesty The beast stumbles Knees buckle and as...
- Flattery Got You Everywhere (A... You have that way of ...
- Betrayed Turning a blind eye, pretending not to see the ...
- Together We are destined to be together All the years that ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Valerie Lennox
Inexorably, minutes tick by
And time seeps slowly past
Like the trickle through the crack in the dam
Hardly noticed until
The level has dropped leaving a high water mark that no rainfall can reach
No storms can ever, no matter how wild
Fill the time, replenish the source
It is forever gone.
Hands once straight and strong
Grasp for a steadying hold
And gnarled and crooked fingers reach out
To touch, veined and wrinkled, and with a sigh
Retreat to clasp in withered unity, each other.
And rheumy eyes strain
To see the light as warm ...