Vera Sidhwa Poems
- Children On The Streets Of Ind... The girl of twelve told me, ...
- Traffic Light Ah green, I love my green. It's the traffic ...
- My Laughter My laughter resounded through the trees, Then ...
- I Am Number One I ran a race in time, Though it was hard to...
- Whirrrrrrrr - Cars! ! ! I rode in my mommy's car. The other...
- Death Is My Friend Death is my friend. We lie together on ...
- Flowing Water Cooling water, you quench my thirst. Of all ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Children On The Streets Of India
The girl of twelve told me,
A different but then the same story,
That boy of four told me,
His idea of what life should be.
But I different from them,
And yet the same.
Couldn't understand that life's game,
Couldn't even spare THEM,
These very newly arrived, happy and eager ones.
Their laughter, giggles and grin,
Their baby souls with hardly a sin,
Would eventually face such challenges,
That even many adults wouldn't.
These were children of another reality.
But these children were just like others,
With conditions ...